Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jenna Lee's Child Photography Tip #0034

Jenna Lee's Child Photography Tip # 0034

When dealing with a super active, high energy kiddo... RELAX and shoot. 
To capture the child being natural in their environment, is to capture the true essence of the child.
Bouncing energy off of the child by reacting to their energy, only intensifies the situation.

I had about 5 minutes to capture the beautiful little Kiki below and she was BOUNCING off the walls. After a quick Peek-a-boo sesh...

My main objective was to try and get this beautiful little one in front of the colorful wall of this boutique restaurant (Java Jazz in Maui) I decided to lay down on the floor and just chill, maybe capture a few shots of her from the ground. Kiki immediately looked at me and laid down on the floor beside me. I grabbed this flower and gave it a sniff... "what a pretty flower!" and the rest is history... 

Love this girl.

Next time you have an over active child... just remember to RELAX. If nothing else, you'll capture that child's personality, as they explore the giant world ahead of them full speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment